Monday 5 September 2011

Here we go...

Hey everybody!  I was looking for a way to keep everyone updated on my trip and I think this is the way to go!  Hopefully every couple days I'll be able to update it and document my time in London and wherever I manage to go while I'm here.

The first week was pretty filled with mandatory orientation events and information sessions that essentially told us how to survive here but were pretty tedious (especially after a red-eye flight that got me to London at 1 am Eastern Time).  There were some good orientation events, though like the London bus tour and a half-day trip to Greenwich yesterday.

Classes started today and I've successfully managed to find my way around Bloomsbury (our neighborhood) and, more importantly, to find food!  Success.

Hope you enjoy this,

Cheers!

                                         
                                                           Does it get anymore British?



                            Big Ben                                                             Buckingham Palace





     Queen Elizabeth's house in Greenwich.              
The design for the White House came from this palace.
The London Eye from the River Boat on the
way to Greenwich.  Also the world's largest
ferris wheel.









The City of London.  The city itself is only 1 square       A wing of the palace at Greenwich on the banks        
mile and has mostly financial buildings, while Greater     of The River Thames                                            
London encompasses the rest of London.



Greenwich Park: Home of the Equestrian events during
the 2012 Summer Olympics (hence the green fences)
The building at the top is the start of time and the
home of the Prime Meridean

No comments:

Post a Comment